Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Oh, the honesty

I'd just like to comment on the openness and honesty of middle schoolers, particularly when compared to high schoolers. In my experience, high school students showed up to class, did what they were supposed to do (most of the time), and left class as soon as they could. Most made little attempt to engage with teachers. Middle school students, on the other hand, are incredibly honest and open and I find I am still often surprised by this. These students love to reveal their drama - whether its the boyfriend/girlfriend of the day, gossip, details about their crush, why they're mad at the their parents, or whatever is on their mind, these kids will share with practically anyone who will listen.

1 comment:

  1. I have noticed this too. Middle school students have nothing to hide and will lay it all out on the line. This is something I really like about teaching middle school. It makes things much easier.

    ReplyDelete