Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Keyboarding Skills

Every week I get at least one student who asks "WHY do I have to take this class?! Its soooo boring!" While I agree, the class can get a bit tedious at times, I firmly believe in the importance of developing keyboarding skills among students. Not only will aid students in academics, it will provide them a valuable skill required by most employers.

Keyboarding is currently offered only during 7th grade for our middle school students and lasts one quarter of the year. Unfortunately, this is the first computer class for many of my students, so our curriculum is somewhat limited. It is a skills-based that requires repetition in order to enhance the skill.

1 comment:

  1. Keyboarding is essential. I hated taking it in high school, but I think about it everyday with my job now...

    ReplyDelete